No matter how annoying they are, pet peeves are just a part of life. Just for the fun of it, here are 5 of my pet peeves!
1. When people type in all caps. This is like finger nails on a chalkboard to me! It always reads as if the person is yelling, which always makes me think, “What is wrong with you? Why are you yelling??” When people use all caps to type everything it really makes me feel like these people shouldn’t to be allowed to use a computer until they have learned online etiquette (yes, people, there is some degree of etiquette to be followed in everything). Don’t even get me started on when I receive emails that are in all caps! If you want to instantly put someone on the defense, write them an email in all caps.
2. I don’t mind when people say my name, unless it is tacked on to the end of a sentence. Keeping in the same theme, I don’t like when people add the word ‘okay’ on to the end of a sentence either. 95% of the time it always seems to be condescending, which drives me up the wall. Like I said, I know it’s a strange pet peeve, ha ha.
3. A fashion pet peeve I have is when people wear white undergarments under white clothes. I just find this extremely unfortunate and I have to fight the urge to tell the fashion offender of their fashion faux pas. Unless the white material is thick, only nude undergarments are to be paired with white clothing.
4. I am fully aware that this next pet peeve is really weird, but I can’t help it. I really can’t stand to talk on the phone, there is only a very small handful of people I don’t mind talking on the phone to. I know the world we live in today is an extremely digital world where the spoken word seems to be fading, but I have felt this way about talking on the phone even before texting or social media networks became the cool thing to do.
5. When you’re at either a two-way or four-way stop sign and it’s your turn to go, but the person in the car stopped at one of the other other stop signs waves you on like they are doing their good deed of the day. This irritates me as well as amuses me. I just laugh because I just want to be like, “Oh, how nice of you? Thank you for allowing me to go when it was my turn anyways.”
Well there you have my 5 pet peeves, what are some of your pet peeves?