Who doesn’t enjoy a good margarita from time to time? I know I do! I love getting together with my girlfriends at our favorite Mexican restaurant for some girl talk over chips and guac while sipping a margarita or two. If you love margaritas you would probably like to know that February 22 is National Margarita Day. This year it falls on a Monday making it the perfect way to chase away the Monday Blues after a long day on the grind. If you get a little carried away and tip one (or four) too many back I’ve got you covered with some beauty hacks to keep you from looking as hungover as you feel the next morning!
1. Sleep is my number one beauty tip in general, but it’s especially important to get more than a few hours of zzzz’s after drinking any amount of alcohol. After all, sleep is precious. Period. To go along with this tip I highly recommend a mattress from Casper! I’ve never slept so good as I have on my Casper mattress.
2. Osmosis Harmonized H2O Hangover. This is magic in a bottle. A magic in a bottle that is going to have your hungover self thanking your tipsy/drunk self. A few sprays in your mouth before you start drinking and a few sprays right before your head hits the pillow. It contains frequencies that balance alcohol vibrations and allow for the normal functions of cells after alcohol consumption.
3. Hydration is key. Alcohol naturally dehydrates you and your body hates being dehydrated. I drink a ridiculous amount of water every day no matter what because it’s good for the body and does wonders for your skin. If you’re drinking you need to make sure the water is coming just as much as the alcohol. This also helps flush the alcohol out of your system. I keep coconut water in my fridge at all times because it is actually more hydrating than water so if I’m sick or had alcohol it’s what I automatically reach for. If I’ve been drinking I drink a glass of coconut water before I hit the hay. Your body will thank you in the morning, I promise.
4. Fake it until you make it with makeup. Maybe you went a little too hard in the paint the night before and either forgot to do the above hacks or you just went ham and all the water and sleep in the world isn’t going to prevent the haggard look you woke up too. Well, honey, you’re going to need a few makeup hacks to look anywhere near work place appropriate. Hey, the truth hurts, but we’ve all been there before. First thing first, you’re going to need a yellow toned concealer to hide those dark circles under your eyes. The yellow cancels out the purple hues making you instantly look better. Maybe sure you use face powder or foundation over it so it blends with your face.
5. Stay away from cool tones, they are not your friends the morning after 1/2 off margarita night. They will put emphasis on the circles under your eyes and draw attention to your tiredness. Instead stick to neutral brown tones on the lids, a tad of highlighter in the inner corners, and a nude eyeliner in your waterline to perk your face right up.
Bonus Tip: Keep it minimal on your eyes and go for a bold lip. It will draw attention away from your hungover eyes.
What hungover beauty hacks do you have up your sleeve? Comment below and share them with me!